Northern Stacks is built on a site rich with history. It began as the Northern Pump Company in 1940, but on the eve of Pearl Harbor, it was retooled to manufacture gun turrets for the U.S. Navy. At its height, 7,000 men and women valiantly worked 24/7 to supply the war effort.
In August 1941, Northern Pump received its first Battle "E" award of excellence from the Navy and would go on earn five more before WWII ended. The company continued to supply several American wars afterwards.
Today, Northern Stacks proudly continues in this great American entrepreneurial spirit with a site reinvented for the modern workforce.